Students Finance (UK)

Students Finance (UK)

If you are classified as a home student then you are eligible to apply for student loans, which are paid directly to the University of your choice by the Student Loan Company:

The maximum loan you can apply for is the full tuition fee

Tuition Fee Loans are available regardless of family income

You will only start repaying your course fees once you earn over £21,000 per year. You can check your eligibility at: get-undergraduate-student-loan

Postgraduate loans for UK & Home students

Masters loans

If you are starting a Masters course, studying either full- or part-time, you may be entitled to apply for a £10,609 postgraduate study loan. You can check your personal eligibility at:

Doctoral loans

If you are starting a PhD this year, you may be able to borrow up to £25,000 to help pay university fees, living costs and other expenses. You can check your personal eligibility at:

To study in the UK you need to meet the various visa and immigration conditions required by the UK Home Office.

Well before you intend to travel make sure you have a valid passport and that it will remain valid throughout the period of your stay in the UK. Check with the UK High Commission in your home Country to see if you require a visa. If you do require a visa, make sure you apply for it well in advance. You should visit:

Upon arrival at any entry port in the United Kingdom, you will be required to show your passport at immigration. If you need a visa to study in the UK, You should always have a Tier 4 (general) Student visa in order to study in the UK.

For more information:

Other Useful Links:

UK Visas and Immigration » UKCISA » British Council Learn English »